Yesterday I took to Cirencester Park trails once more in an attempt to complete the 14k’s route that I had downloaded on ViewRanger. Guess what…. I got lost again! I really can’t work out what I did wrong too as I was certain I took that specific path previously. Never mind! Things kicked off badly when I realised I had forgotten to switch Strava on. Gah!
Two fatalities en route were:
- Trainer came full off my foot and stuck in the mud. A comedy hobble back to retrieve it, was just glad no one else was on that trail to witness that.
- iPhone smashed screen on the ONE PIECE of pavement thats on the trail. Grrrr….
but the positives….
- I did complete 5.6K’s of trail (mostly uphill trail) and 2.4k’s of intervals back to the traffic lights. I still need to get that proper LSR in and consistently if I have any hope of running Bath Half well in March next year.
- I learnt from an experienced trail runner friend that there is no shame walking hills on trails as its preserves energy and keeps good posture rather than trying to run it – why I lump pressure on myself to run the entire lot is ridiculous really. I could cover much more ground by walking those hills and running the rest. Taking the Trail Raider to a different location this weekend might do the trick.
- I didn’t get killed by a horse I nearly collided with.
The last 3 nights, I haven’t slept very well at all, so any running today is out (and I like to at least have a days break in between running), tomorrow I’m not working from home, but Weds, Fri and Sunday are looking good. Going to try for a longish pavement run on one of those days on my old route that I used to do to death here – its a varied route through town and out to an army base here and back. So a good long stretch. Be good to see what I can do on that old route.
Going to get back to some Yoga too, that may help me sleep and also loosen me up a bit, had some calf pain on my trail yesterday (although nothing like before) but want to keep on top of it before it becomes an issue and I am sidelined.
Other plans now that my husbands shifts are being changed is to book a regular class of something else, whether that be Yoga, Pilates, Aqua Aerobics etc… I am really not sure at the moment but know I need something else to compliment what I am doing now. The fittest and best running performance I had was earlier this year when I was doing the Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred alongside my running training and getting in good ten milers. I know I need that again. There’s a running group here in Cirencester too that I may join, I was going to before but circumstances prevented me, but now might be a good opportunity.
Still have no plans really to book races for next year, see what wings my way. Cheddar Gorge I wouldn’t mind having a bash at again! Feel a lot freer not having too many plans running wise… which makes me happy.